Sunday, April 1, 2012

FroYo makes the world go 'round

This was my first weekend of my maternity leave and that my fiance has officially "lived" with me.  Weekends got a major upgrade.  Instead of sitting at home working on the grad school grind (EVERY weekend was spent studying since the majority of my weekdays were spent working or in class), we had a leisurely weekend of sleeping in, napping, going to dinner and a movie (Hunger Games), dogwalking, Target (the little girl section is SO much bigger than the little boys section - unfair!), and trying out a new frozen yogurt spot.  I also went with him to get a haircut and there was a wait so we played on our phones (DrawSomething, anyone?) and took this pic.

~35 Weeks

Can I just say I SO miss being tan? Like this:

Family vacation to Hawaii

But I know tanning can't be good for the little one so I have stayed away.  I also like to use the gradual tanning lotions, but I figure that can't be good either, so I will stay pale for now.

Something that I've noticed in the last week or so that we are no longer in a long distance relationship, what is it about men needing to go to the grocery store EVERY DAY?  I am more of a planner and will make a big Wal-Mart trip every two weeks and then go to Kroger once or twice in between for fruit or salad (or to fulfill an unhealthy craving).  My fiance is perfectly content to go every day to pick out that evening's dinner.  Is this a man thing?  I have been going with him just to spend extra time together but seriously, he's about to be doing solo missions if this keeps up.

Now let's get back to the FroYo.  I think these self-serve frozen yogurt spots are genius because 1) they are self-serve and require minimal staff 2) they can crazy overprice on a per ounce basis, and 3) people actually think they are eating healthy.  I realize that it's not healthy, but that doesn't mean I won't go and pile up my little cup.  I always try to get the smallest cup to limit myself from going crazy. 


I taste-tested the Thin Mint and Cookies & Cream flavors but ended up with my trusty chocolate piled with strawberries, blueberries, a few pineapple chunks, chocolate waffle cone bits, a tiny hunk of brownie, a few lone gummy bears, and a Peep, just because it's almost Easter.  So random but delicious.

Looks like the rest of my Sunday will be spent cooking watching my fiance cook and watching Desperate Housewives because I'm classy like that (I am still shaken up over Mike's death and will admit I balled my eyes out).

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love the new fro-yo spot! i completely agree, WAY over priced, and totally cried over Mike on the porch!! Soo sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when Vanessa Williams sang "Amazing Grace" -- I lost it!

      Delete
  2. Okay you are cutest pregnant girl ever! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete