Sunday, April 8, 2012

36 Week Update

First off, Happy Easter!

"I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25-26

We were blessed with a beautiful day here. Monday marks 36 weeks and only one month left until the little man is supposed to get here.  Not much has changed except that turning over in bed is now an Olympian sport and I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions all throughout the day.  Other than that, things are going pretty well.  

This weekend was spent doing a small amount of schoolwork, stopping by for more FroYo....


taking possibly of my last few preggo pictures... 

~ 36 Weeks
(Can you tell we're using the Canon Rebel instead of the iPhone? Woohoo!)

...and starting on baby laundry! It's so much more fun than regular laundry.  I decided to just wash his sheets, some blankies, his newborn clothes, and his 0-3 month clothes.  Even if he ends up being too big for his newborn clothes, we can always give them away or something, but I wanted to have them all washed and ready.  We can't fit his crib into his tiny nursery here, so we are using a cradle/bassinet that was in R's family for a very long time.  The mattress is much smaller than a normal one, so we are going to just tuck his fitted sheets underneath it and safety pin them at the bottom to make them fit until we move into a bigger place.



And that's my sparkly gym bag turned hospital bag next to all of the laundry.  My sister bought it for my birthday - it's the Pleated Pocket Gym Bag in Black Sparkle from oGorgeous.  It's perfect for someone that does yoga because the sides zip open to slide your mat through.


I just wanted to use it as a hospital bag because it's glamorous and might make me feel a little less yucky in the hospital.  I plan on doing a post on what's inside the bag later....

I hope everyone had a great weekend!



5 comments:

  1. You look great! And better to be prepared in case he decides to show up early. Enjoy these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I had noticed you'd dropped off from posting and figured the little girl had arrived but I still can't believe she was 2 weeks early -- I'm all crazy now thinking it will happen to me :) She is so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. You look great!! Best wishes in your final weeks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! You're such an beautiful and hot pregnant woman.

    ReplyDelete