Friday, April 13, 2012

Waylon

I never knew the pain of losing a pet until today.  I can't even put to words what I feel, but I know I want to write something to remember him by.  I want to remember my precious baby as the loving and goofy dog that he was, not for the things that happened to him that were beyond his control.

Since I found him in a parking lot with his sister 3 years ago, sick and abandoned...



 he was a mama's boy.  I felt so lucky that someone else didn't want him and that he was mine.



He loved kids.




He especially loved his sister.





He even loved his cat.


I love you, my crazy-excited barking maniac.  I'll never forget you, sweet boy.  My heart hurts so bad.  I'm so, so sorry.  I promised to take care of you forever and I feel that I've failed.  Until we meet again...


"A good dog never dies.  He always stays.  He walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near.  His head is within our hand in the old way."

3 comments:

  1. ((Hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this :( we just put down my parents dog last week and I totally know what you're going through. And throw some raging hormones on top of that and u get a blubbering mommy. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and you're totally right about the hormones, they just make it 100 times worse!

      Delete