Tuesday, April 3, 2012

They never warned me about...

... the weird and random side effects of pregnancy.  

  1. Restless leg syndrome.  Something I'd heard of on television but assumed it was for older folks.  I didn't realize until I had it that it was also a pregnancy thing.  I've had it pretty bad on about 5 different occasions during the last month of so.  Once it was so awful that I woke me up in the middle of the night screaming/crying in pain.  I'm hoping this is one of those things that goes away completely after birth...
  2. The dry skin.  I'm pretty sure I had scales at one point.
  3. The clumsiness.  There was one week where I tripped several different times going up/down stairs that I have been using every day for the past 2 years.
  4. The unspeakable things that happen to the... nether regions.
As one lady told me, it's basically like "an alien taking over your mind, body, and soul".  As crazy as it all is, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment