Today marks 38 weeks in our pregnancy. I am just now noticing swelling in my hands/feet... and apparently in my face... like so:
38 Weeks
The past week and a half has been difficult. I'm still missing my sweet boy, but I know he's in doggie heaven with all of the toilets he could ever want to drink out of, all of the bones he could never eat due to his allergies, no rain to get his dainty paws wet, and squirrels to chase at every corner. I'm convinced God made his precious life short for a reason and someday I will know why.
(the last picture I took of him with his "sisters")
"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have."
I am trying to focus on other things while my heart heals. One of them... our hospital bags. I'm so glad I checked them over the weekend because we had all of the baby stuff ready to go, but hardly any clothing for ourselves. Here's a peek into what we're bringing:
for the baby...
Left to right, starting at the top: Heavy blanket, 2 light blankets, 2 swaddle blankets, 2 burp cloths, 2 footie onseies, 2 regular onesies, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of scratch mittens, 2 hats, 2 pacifiers (which we probably won't use), a diaper or two.
and for Mom and Dad...
Left to right, starting at the top: 2 old towels, 2 old pillow cases, shower shoes for each of us, sweatpants/t-shirts for him, pajamas/leggings/nursing tanks/breast pads for her, a brush, granola bars/snacks, all of our toiletries (including extra contacts and Lansinoh), socks for him, socks for her, unmentionables (not pictured, of course!).
I realize we are probably over packing, but we live 25 minutes away from the hospital and I'd rather not make a bunch of trips home. I want us to be able to enjoy every second of the experience together.
One last thing we did this weekend...
It's official!*
*Maybe. Our officiant was a bit sketchy... and may or may not remember to send the papers in. But it's all good.
Awww, congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteThank you both! :)
ReplyDelete