Thursday, April 12, 2012

Digging to your tonsils

I started my weekly checkups yesterday since I've officially hit 36 weeks.  I also had the pleasure of the Group B Strep test and a cervical check.  I'd told the midwife about my intense Braxton-Hicks contractions and she wanted to check, even though I'm not "full-term" for another 4 days.  I asked if it would hurt and she said it would feel like she was "digging to your tonsils".  And it did.  Yuck.  Turns out I'm not dilated at all, but my cervix is "soft".

We've got our last baby class tonight - Baby Care Basics.  I've been most excited about this one because seriously, we need it.  I babysat growing up and recently, but never with a newborn.  I'm sure a lot of it is instinct, but hopefully going to this class can give us a few good tips.  

I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting getting closer! The classes definitely make you feel more confident...at least for me.

    ReplyDelete