In 12 days, I'll have been engaged for 3 months. Have I planned anything? Nope. That's sort of how I roll these days.
I realize this I am a rarity considering I've browsed Facebook to find friends who have already taken engagement shots and bought a dress two weeks after getting engaged. How do they do it? I guess they have been dreaming of it since the Barbie doll days. Not that I haven't. But maybe to a lesser degree. Rather than the wedding, I was focused on the person. And I did a good job... a really good job.
With so many other exciting things happening in the next few months, my wedding planning spirit has been consciously put on hold. I am an OCD perfectionist with certain things, and this would be one of them. There are only two stages in my case - nonchalant, go-with-the-flow bride or psycho, 24/7 wedding planning bride-demon. I'd rather be the former at this point. I'm going to save much of my wedding planning until after the baby is born so that it doesn't distract me from classes/work.
I know a few things that I want - a SMALL wedding. I'm talking 7 people. But I know that won't work with the fiance and his family, so we are going to expand it to maybe 50 people. Which will end up being 100, I'm sure. I want a strapless dress. This means I will need some time post-baby to get in shape. Maybe something simple like this?
(Image: Source)
I want an open bar and big dance floor. It needs to look and feel like one big party. My bridal party - consisting of my 2 sisters and best friend - will probably be wearing J. Crew or Ann Taylor. I love the casual, flowy look (but not the wild colors, so much).
(Image: Source)
(Image: Source)
Colors will probably be yellow and white or silver, but I haven't given that a lot of thought. She doesn't quite know it yet, but my sister will be making my cupcake tower "cake" because she's amazing at all things baking.


0 comments:
Post a Comment