Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My 1st Baby Shower

Is it weird that the first baby shower I've ever attended was my own?  I guess none of my close friends have had babies yet, so I'm the pioneer.  A few friends organized one for Saturday - it was such a fun day.  There was plenty of food, a few baby shower games (such as guess my belly size - everyone guessed bigger than it was!), and lots of gifts.  It's amazing to see just how loved someone can be even before entering the world.  He is a very lucky boy.  And seriously, every time I read a card saying "you're going to be a great Mom" it made me turn into a puddle of mush.

A few of my favorite gifts...


(I realize the two singing toys will end up being the bane of my existence, but they are cute for now)

And then something from one of his grandmas...


The little monkey feet!


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from clicking around! Love a new mommma blog :)My first baby shower was my own too! Your little one will enjoy those baby einstein toys for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome - thanks for reading! :) And yes, I'm hoping the Baby Einstein toys will magically make my child a genius. By the way, I love your baby gear post -- I definitely needed that!

      Delete