Friday, February 24, 2012

29-ish Week Update

 ~29.5 Weeks

Monday marked 29 weeks and another baby checkup.  Superbaby is doing awesome, as usual.  His mother, however, is a maniac.  Five things that almost made me cry on Tuesday:
  1. Knocking my glasses off the nightstand while dusting and stepping on them.
  2. Trying to vacuum but the cord kept coming out of the wall.
  3. Changing the blanket on my bed and having a huge dog bone fall out of it onto my foot.
  4. Gaining 6 lbs. in 18 days (granted I had a full belly, full bladder, winter coat, and shoes on when I was weighed).  I'm still on track to gain 33 lbs., but that doesn't mean I didn't have to hold back tears of shock at the doctor's office.
  5. Not being able to find Lanolin at CVS (my stepsister recommended I start using it now).
Since 3 of 5 of these things relate to cleaning, I guess I should just stop cleaning, right? :)  I haven't been a crier this whole time, so it was weird for me.  Third trimester has been very different! 

Anyways, besides that, here are some other random thoughts:
  • The back pain has arrived. I mainly feel it when I am sitting on the couch and at my desk.  If I don't have a pillow behind my lower back, it kills.
  • My legs and belly are so itchy.  I put lotion on several times a day, which helps, but it always returns. Maybe once the weather warms up my skin won't be so dry.
  • Still always tired.  Always.
  • The baby has been kicking/elbowing/kneeing me like crazy.  We went to the movies and saw Safe House last night and he was going crazy in my belly for most of the movie - so cute.
By the way, Safe House = crazy intense.  It reminded me of how tense I was when we saw The Grey.  I may be biased because I love Ryan Reynolds and Denzel, but I thought it was a good movie.  A bit long, but good.  While we were waiting on the movie, we saw a preview for "Silent House"...


...um, no.  I will not be seeing that.  I'm all about scary movies, but that one would kill me.  I had to cover my eyes during the preview.  Anyone thinking of seeing it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment