Side note: I realized today that my updates are very sporadic. I need to get into a weekly or bi-weekly routine or something!
Today marks 27 weeks and everything is still going great. I can't believe that I'm in the THIRD trimester. It has flown by. We've been decided on a first name for the baby (it starts with a C) for a few months now, but not 100% decided on the middle name. We've decided to keep the name secret until birth, just for fun. The family members are furiously trying to figure it out, but I'm not giving in! So we can just refer to the baby as C-Man on here.
Today marks 27 weeks and everything is still going great. I can't believe that I'm in the THIRD trimester. It has flown by. We've been decided on a first name for the baby (it starts with a C) for a few months now, but not 100% decided on the middle name. We've decided to keep the name secret until birth, just for fun. The family members are furiously trying to figure it out, but I'm not giving in! So we can just refer to the baby as C-Man on here.
Random Things:
- C-Man has a major 'tude. I've noticed that if I lay my arm on my belly the wrong way he will kick it HARD. He also kicked the doppler when my midwive tried to check his heartbeat and then - as she put it - "ran away" at the last appointment.
- I had a dream that he had a full head of shaggy bleach blonde hair and was a surfer baby. Pregnancy dreams = full force.
- My belly button is still creepy and flat. Any guesses on when it will pop out?
- My shoes/rings still fit
- TMI - My boobs are still 2 cup sizes up from pre-pregnancy, but the same band size. They haven't had another growth spurt after the first few months.
- My cheeks have days where they will stay flushed/rosy/bright red all day long
- Sleep is still going okay - one of the things I changed when I got pregnant was kicking my dogs off the bed. They'd been sleeping with me since they were puppies (three years!) and I'd been letting them hog my little full-size bed for far too long. They got the boot! They're only allowed on when I'm not sleeping.
- I'm now a cookie monster. I hate you, Girl Scouts! (just kidding, sort of).
- It's getting much harder to shave my legs and paint my toenails with my belly in the way. I take my toes very seriously, so this is going to be a problem...
- I can't wait until the weather gets nice enough to start wearing dresses again! Those seem to be the pregnant lady's uniform and I'm tired of pants!
- I really need some preggo friends. Am I the only pregnant lady in this town!?
- I currently have 4 baby showers scheduled and can't believe how many people want to help us out
- The next 13 weeks need to hurry up!
I really didn't think my belly had made any change this week until I saw these pictures -- it's gotten huuuuge! And rather pointy in my opinion.
27 Weeks
(sorry about the bad lighting, the fiance is still out of town, so it's self-timer all the way)
and just for fun....
.jpg)
Oh how I can relate to all your symptoms! I love reading back on my weekly updates to see what was going on. I would try to keep up with those as much as you can, my friend that just had a baby boy last night had a very pointy belly too and it that stuck out really far. I feel like mine is wide and enormous...maybe because I am having a girl. Cute pics!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I decided that was why I needed to start the blog (whether it becomes "popular" or not), it will be fun to look back on. I'm glad someone else is "walking around with a conehead on their belly" as my fiance puts it. :)
Delete