Thursday, August 2, 2012

Body After Baby - Recovery (Part II)

Since I'm nearing 12 weeks postpartum, it's time for a quick update.  

Breastfeeding: 
Piece of cake.  All of the pain magically went away at about 4 weeks.

C-Section:
The gross lochia stopped after about 7 weeks and the doctor was right, my scar is no longer raised and it feels a lot... softer? It's still a deep purple color but seems to be healing.  I have been trying to rub this oil on it nightly:


(Image: Source)

Weight:
I mentioned in my first Body After Baby post that I was 5 pounds away from my post-pregnancy weight.  Well, the rest of the weight came off shortly afterwards and then some.  I weigh anywhere from 2-5 pounds under my starting weight, depending on the day.  Does my body look the same?  No. My sweet boy has done some permanent damage (to my boobs and stomach, mainly) and that's okay.  He's worth it 100%.

Random:
I had a crazy intense skin rash for several weeks that nearly drove me to insanity but it went away after about 8 weeks postpartum, thank God!

Well, that's about it.  I am slowly returning to normality over here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment