I always enjoy reading "Day in the Life" posts, so I figured I'd finally write one since Carter is sort-of getting into a routine. Here is a sample day...
6:30am: I am either jolted awake by baby cries from the nursery or my body naturally awakens before he starts stirring. Either way, we're up for a feeding, diaper change, and clothing change from pajamas into a onesie.
7:00am: Carter sits in his rocker and we watch the Today Show while I pump and eat a quick breakfast (whole grain english muffin + peanut butter or jelly).
7:30am-12:00pm: Baby is BORED. No more TV, time for something else. I typically lay him on my bed while I clean/work on my laptop, lay him on his playmat for tummytime, or feed/rock/cuddle/shush him until he stops crying. Sometimes I shower if I'm lucky.
(he's judging you...)
12:00pm-12:45pm: Dad is home for lunch! We cook lunch and he plays with Carter for a few minutes and lets the dog out.
12:45pm-5:15pm: Baby is BORED AGAIN. More feedings and cuddling/rocking/shushing. If all else fails, we take a walk outside.
5:15pm-6:00pm: Dad is home from work! Carter gets his last feeding around 6:00pm and watches us cook dinner from his rocker that I drag into the kitchen.
6:30pm-8:00pm: Time to relax and spend time with Daddy before bed.
8:00pm... on the dot!: Bath + footed pajamas + bottle of pumped milk + swaddle + kisses + prayers from me that he will get a good night's rest = bedtime.
8:30pm-10:30pm: Usually a glass of wine and TV with the husband before we both pass out from exhaustion.
... and then the rest of the night is up in the air - he occasionally wakes up once to feed at either 1:30am or 4:30am, but often he doesn't wake at all and I wake up rested (with majorly sore boobs). He's doing pretty amazing for being 11 weeks old.
Also, someone sent this link to me about Baby Sleeping Positions and I found it hilarious and so appropriate:
(Image: Source)

Love this post! Let me know what Im in for
ReplyDeleteI was just reading your nursery post and I love it!
Delete