Carter is two months old as of Tuesday! He is so much fun now and is growing like a weed. The past week or so has been lovely - he has started sleeping from 8:30pm-5:45am (9 hours!) and I miss him while he sleeps. I never thought I would miss our late night/early morning nursing sessions, but I do. I feel like he doesn't need me as much anymore and is growing so quickly!
He also spent an entire week at the beach and was such a good baby. He can adapt to just about anything, though he hated the cold ocean water. When his toes touched it, he stuck all his limbs out and screamed bloody murder. Next time we will have to ease him into it. Other than that, he either napped in his Boppy or looked at the waves from under a tent, several towels, and a blanket propped up as double protection from the sun (paranoid parents!). It wore him out!
Weight/Length: 24"/11.2 lbs. [as of 7/16/2012]
Clothing Size/Diaper Size: A few 0-3 clothing items fit, but mainly 3 month now - which we have tons of! /Size 1 diapers all the way!
Clothing Size/Diaper Size: A few 0-3 clothing items fit, but mainly 3 month now - which we have tons of! /Size 1 diapers all the way!
Likes: Being outside, riding in the carseat, riding in the stroller, being held, bathtime, peeing during bathtime, Cloud B Sleep Sheep, kicking around on the changing table, nursing, watching Mommy and Daddy cook/clean/walk around, being talked to in a high pitched voice, Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker, watching TV
Hates: Being naked, napping
Likes/Hates: Pacifiers, napping, tummy time, Fisher Price My Little Snug-A-Bunny Swing
Milestones: Finding his hands (and sucking on his fist all day long!), blowing bubbles/drooling, wearing pants, going to the beach for the first time!
Mom Scares: I set Carter down for a nap in his Boppy Newborn Lounger on the couch and went into my room to quickly pack a few things for our beach trip when I heard him let out a cry. I ran into the living room and from my angle I could only see the Boppy at first. And he wasn't on it. I panicked that he had fallen off of the couch and hit the coffee table somehow but as soon as I turned the corner I saw him facedown on the couch squirming. He had rolled off, but was safely on the couch. At ~1.5 months old he is already rolling off of things... crazy! Mommy learned her lesson and won't be doing that again.


what a handsome little man!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteHe's so cute! But girl, whats your secret on getting him to sleep through the night already? Thats one thing my husband and I are a little nervous about!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Oh, our sleep routine is STRICT - He doesn't eat after 6pm, so he is slightly hungry going into bathtime at 8pm. Then he gets into his footed jammies (important!) and gets a bottle of pumped milk - this is the real secret! - if he is full, he won't wake up throughout the night and he can drink more from the bottle than from the breast (about 5 oz. as opposed to 2 or 3 oz.). Then he gets put into his swaddle (at this point he is passing out in daddy's arms), we turn the Sleep Sheep and nightlight on, and he is out like a light in his crib! I also lay a heating pad in his crib to warm up his "spot" and remove it just as we are putting him down. If you just try one thing, do the nighttime bottle - it works wonders :)
DeleteWhat a cutie you have!! I love his pictures on his changing table. That was my little guys favorite spot around that age. We always got the best smiles out of him there!
ReplyDelete