Monday, March 5, 2012

31 Week Update

Today marks 31 weeks!  Only 9 weeks (63 days) to go.  This week is my very last Spring Break which means I get a break from classes but will be working full-time at the office.  I only have 2.5 weeks left before I go on maternity leave, so I didn't want to leave without wrapping up odds and ends.  It will be bittersweet packing up my belongings, taking down pictures, and walking out after 5 years.  

31 Weeks

I realize I'm wearing the same shirt from my 27 Week update, but I also noticed that my belly doesn't seem to have grown all that much since then.  I certainly gained weight at my last midwife checkup, so I know the little guy is fattening up (or maybe that's just me).  I've noticed that he is getting so much stronger!  His kicks and punches are so distinct and he is overall a very active baby.

By the way, I have a confession to make... I'm a preggo creeper.  If I see another pregnant woman anywhere, it doesn't matter who they are, I will want to be their friend.  Usually I refrain, but the other day I ran into a fellow pregnant girl in the restroom on campus and asked her when she was due.  It sparked a "so you can't sleep either?" conversation and I realized how much I wish I had a friend or family member I could share the experience with.  

I've been meaning to mention this - is it horrible of me that I'm getting tired of my friends asking me intimate questions or making comments about my body?  For example, at my baby shower, in front of 15+ people, one of the girls asked how much weight I'd gained.  With all eyes on me, of course I had to answer!  Another asked if I had gotten stretch marks (thankfully, I have not), prompting two more to chime in, "I'd been wondering if you had gotten any!"  (if they are truly worried about that, they have too much time on their hands...).  Several have asked if the fiance and I still have... relations.... which I find to be completely inappropriate, but maybe that's just me?  I am usually an open book, but I wish that people were more respectful.  Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean you can completely remove your verbal filter.  Right?

In other news, how cute is this?


3 comments:

  1. I've learned that people think they can basically say anything to a pregnant lady. I don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I am a mom creep too! Whenever I see a mom who has a baby Mia's age I want to be their friend. It helps so much to have mommy friends. Sometimes people who don't have kids just don't get it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete