Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quotes I Live By

I love quotes.  To me, they mean that someone, somewhere in this world, can relate to you at a given time and place in your life.  Isn't it amazing how similar we all are?

Here are a few that I live by. I hope to add more as I go along.


Life:

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -- Katherine Hepburn


"Life is to be enjoyed, not endured."  -- Gordon Hinckley


"Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson 


Faith:

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." -- Hebrews 11:1


"Every good and perfect gift is from above." -- James 1:17
(this one perfectly sums up how I feel about our son)


"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" -- Matthew 6:25


Love

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." -- Robert Heinlein
(...seriously, so very true)

"Choose the one you love, love the one you choose." -- Unknown


My view this week

0 comments:

Post a Comment