Hello, friends! Just a quick update since I haven't posted in a while. We currently have a sick little one and I'm trying to give him as many snuggles as possible. He was allowed to sleep in the swing last night just so that he could remain upright. These supplies are coming in handy as well:
I have to say the first time your baby gets sick is when you know true heartbreak. I have been holding back tears every time he lets out a hoarse cough or cries in pain. He has still managed to smile and giggle throughout the day, despite how awful he feels. Poor doll.
Some of my most popular posts are my Body After Baby series (Part I and Part II). At 4.5 months postpartum, it's time for an update!
I'm happy to say my baby weight is long gone and I am down 6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I still have LOTS of toning to do, but don't have a gym membership yet so haven't even gotten started. I am one of those people that can only truly work out in the gym. No at-home or outdoor workouts for me. It's an irrational mental thing that I need to get over.
Here is a photo I hastily took in the bathroom before heading to an interview (yep, still job searching). By the way, this could probably be its own post, but Victorias's Secret has pretty decent suits. They fit like a dream. I am wearing a skirt from one of my suits in this photo. I would equate their quality to Express or maybe a bit better. Take a look if you're searching for professional wear.
I would say I'm fully recovered at this point. Just need to find something to minimize my huge c-section scar and I'll be set.
Have a great weekend!
glad you are back and you look great! Sorry to hear about your little one. Hang in there...both of you!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope Mia feels better soon, too! :)
DeleteSorry he is sick, but he looks so snuggly in those pictures! I can only workout in a gym too (although I don't), I need the motivation around me! You look great :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! And yes, he has been extra snuggly... I love it :) I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't work out outside of the gym. It's a sickness, really.
Deletehumidifiers are AWESOME. I was sick when I was pregnant & it cleared it all up so well!! I feel like they make the room less (dusty, droggy) not sure what word I'm looking for here!! haha. Love that outfit, I just got a credit card to VS, everyone told me not too, but I had too lol. They sell UGGS online, had no idea, but buying them now :)
ReplyDeleteI still covet my single pair of UGGS. I remember trying to get their credit card when I was in high school (and had no credit) and getting declined. Embarrassing!
DeleteCan't even tell you birthed a baby...not one bit! Good for you!!! As far as working out, I'm the exact opposite. The thought of working out in a gym makes me want to sit on the couch and eat Milky Ways. I'm an outdoor girl 100%! Keep up whatever you're doing now though because it's working!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! And wow, I wish I had your mindset because then I could work out anywhere, anytime. I need to just get over it!
Deletesick little ones are the absolute worst! I'll take me being sick over either of my girls anytime.
ReplyDeleteSame :) Hearing the little coughs and sniffles kills me.
DeleteSo jealous that you've lost the weight and then some!! I'm clinging on to 10+ and I don't think it will go anywhere anytime soon! Rock on mama! And hope your little guy feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your blog!
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat u are! I lost all but 3lbs and need to tone! I have a 4 month old baby girl!