Friday, May 11, 2012

Where is Baby C?

I'm 40 weeks, 4 days today and still no baby!  No signs of labor either.  I went to my last midwife checkup yesterday (which I hadn't even planned on needing to go to) and at first she said "you'll probably go into labor on your own within the next few days".  After she checked me to find that I am 0% dilated and maybe 50% effaced, she said "Hopefully induction will work. It should work."  I wanted to cry right then!  I am so ready to get going with this and seeing my due date come and go has been frustrating.

My mother was 2 weeks late with my older sister so I had expected to be a few days, but for some reason I am still surprised.  We are scheduled for an induction on Tuesday, but have to head into the hospital at midnight on Monday.  I'm excited to finally have an end in sight, but also freaked out at the whole induction process.  I am a little disappointed that my body hasn't kicked in on its own, but as long as he's out safely that's all that matters.

In the meantime, I have been trying to stay busy by watching Modern Family Seasons 1 and 2 and this:


My stepsister recommended bouncing on an exercise ball to get things going.  A quick trip to Dick's Sporting Goods last night and I had a new "chair" for the next few days.  It hasn't brought on any contractions like I'd hoped, but it does help my back compared to sitting on the couch.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. You must be sooo ready. Poor thing. The baby willbe here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if that baby had arrived yet! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern Family is always great to help pass the time =) Hope you're not too much in discomfort! Definitely exciting time though =) Your blog is so cute!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete