Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Most Boring Pregnant Woman

I am 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant today.  Our little man is due on Monday, May 7th.  I am the most boring pregnant woman.

Had it not been for my ever-growing belly and "Aunt Flow's" welcomed absence, I would not even know I was pregnant.  My only true symptoms to-date have been fatigue and approximately two hormone-induced (right?) meltdowns.  I'm convinced the latter would have occurred either way, so let's count that out.  What's left is fatigue.  My little enemy.  I realize I should be tired based on purely work, graduate school, and other routine tasks, but this is a whole new level.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired.  I am beyond grateful that this is my main gripe and that fatigue has also allowed me to sleep soundly most nights.  I am working on being a more exciting pregnant woman and hope to channel some of the excitement here... belly updates and nursery progress are on the list.

To prove that I am in fact pregnant, I find myself staring at my 20-week ultrasound of our little man's back.  Yep, his back.  He was obviously too busy to be bothered to show his face for his parents.  He likes surprises.  I love him already.  Even when the pregnancy symptoms catch up to me, I know that this is all worth it.  Now here's my baby's back.

2 comments:

  1. Well it is a VERY cute back!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @arsenalfamily
    Thank you! I checked out your blog and your children are adorable. You had me laughing about the "nest" - I am a pregnancy pillow user as well, but my dogs are the ones who steal mine!

    ReplyDelete