Ingredients:
- 1 Scoop of 100% Whey Protein - Protein #1
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter - Protein #2
- 1 Individual Size Container (5.3 Ounces) Greek Nonfat Yogurt - Protein #3
- 2/3 Cup of 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (raw)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Cups Frozen Blueberries (plain)
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries (plain)
- Juice (your choice, as needed for consistency)
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in blender except for juice.
2. Pour juice into blender one cup at a time and mix gently using a spatula until desired consistency is achieved.
3. Blend until smooth.
Before I got pregnant, I was a vegetarian (technically pescatarian, since I'd occasionally eat seafood) for about 6 years. Once I found out I was pregnant, I started incorporating poultry into my diet in order to keep my energy levels up. My carb-rich (hello, pasta and rice for every meal!) pre-pregnancy diet wasn't helping with the fatigue. Now, more than ever, I am trying to make sure I'm getting enough protein and other nutrients in my diet. But, protein and energy don't always have to come from meat.
Smoothies are an easy way to pack in some protein into your day. I typically make this recipe in the morning and leave the entire glass jar in the fridge or freezer to drink throughout the day. Enjoy!
First of all, I love that it's in a wine glass and I too have lived on smoothies for most of my pregnancy. The staff at Jamba Juice knows me by name now :) I shouldn't be so lazy and make them at home! Looks delish!
ReplyDeleteMy wine glasses have been feeling neglected lately :)
Delete