Wednesday, January 18, 2012

24 Week Update

This week marks 24 weeks into my pregnancy. I can't believe we're already 6 months in! May 7th is coming up so quickly.

And now for my pregnant rambling...

I'm still feeling great. A little sluggish sometimes, but that's to be expected. The baby has been kicking his little heart out. I felt my first kick in Week 18, but now I feel them several times throughout the day. Sometimes I think he is trying to escape because it feels like he is both kicking and punching me at the same time. What a wild child.

I'm wearing maternity pants 100% of the time, but many of my pre-pregnancy tops still fit fine. Some of them, however, have become belly shirts, which is not the look I'm going for. Speaking of belly, my belly button is on it's way out. It's been in a weird flattened stage for a few weeks now, but I'm betting it will pop any day now.

I've noticed that I'm getting more random stares. I guess it's not too often that you see a pregnant woman on a college campus, so I say stare on, people! I don't think it helps that I look 17 (and get carded buying cough medicine) when I am 25.

I'm back in the swing of work and my last semester of graduate school. It will be interesting to see how everything pans out. I have visions of myself giving birth during one of my final exams and one of my all-male professors catching the baby. Terrifying. Birth in general still kind of freaks me out, but I also get random bursts of excitement thinking of conquering a challenge that I've never faced but that my body was designed precisely to do.

Something else that excites me... our first baby class is coming up! This one is "Infant CPR" and I can't wait. I have felt like the only pregnant girl in the world lately, so it will be nice to be around others.

~24 Weeks
(via iPhone because I'm lazy like that)

5 comments:

  1. You look sooo cute. Layla was always kicking me a lot and hard. Good times ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just found your blog through the comments section on Maria's blog. You look so great and congrats on your pregnancy! Hubby and I have been trying so I'm a bit baby obsessed and love reading pregnancy blogs ;) Congrats and I look forward to following you along this journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shayla! I will be checking out your blog and crossing my fingers for you and your husband - you two would seriously have a beautiful baby!

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you so very much Samantha - that's so very sweet of you to say and I (we!) really appreciate your support! :)

      Delete