Carter is one month old today! Things have changed so much from the first few weeks. After about the second week, he was capable of being awake and not crying, which was wonderful. I have definitely gotten the hang of taking care of him during the day while my husband is gone during the workday, but the first few weeks were extremely trying... extremely!
Weight/Length: 9.2 lbs./22"
Clothing Size/Diaper Size: A few newborn clothing items fit, but mainly 0-3 month/Newborn diapers fit for about a week after birth but we quickly switched to Size 1 once he started leaking through everything (my boy has an abnormal amount of pee!)
Likes: Fisher Price My Little Snug-A-Bunny Swing (which he hated until now!), Boppy Newborn Lounger, being outside, riding in the carseat, riding in the stroller, being held (usually), bathtime (which he used to hate... until his umbilical cord stump fell off and we were able to submerge his lower half to keep him warm), peeing during bathtime, Cloud B Sleep Sheep, kicking around on the changing table, nursing, screaming :)
Hates: SwaddleMes (which he used to love!), being naked.
(First few weeks)
Likes/Hates: Pacifiers, napping, tummy time.
Milestones: "Coo"-ing, smiling, flipping from stomach to back, sleeping through the night.
Note: Our new bedtime routine that has been working consists of a diaper change, bathtime, putting on PJs, swaddling him in his SwaddleMe (the only time he is swaddled now), giving cuddles, putting down a heating pad to heat up his crib for a few minutes (then removing it before he is laid inside), turning on the Cloud B Sleep Sheep, and Dad giving him his only bottle of the day. The bottle gives him about 3 ounces which helps him stay fuller than if I was just nursing him to sleep - I use pumped milk or milk that I have saved while nursing by using the Milk Saver (mentioned here).
Mom Scares: He stopped breathing in the middle of a crying fit and his limbs froze - his little face had a terrified look on it and I panicked. I was ready to try all of my CPR tricks that I'd learned in our class, picked him up frantically, and - thank God - he started breathing again. Talk about a scare... Another one was when he was napping in his bassinet and I was in the bathroom and heard him screaming. I ran out and he had lodged himself into the top of his bassinet and couldn't get out. He is normally swaddled in his bassinet, so now that I know he can get lodged, I don't let him sleep in it unswaddled. We also bought a Pack 'n Play that he physically can't get lodged in that we use for naps.
Happy 1 Month, Carter!
newest follower:) I am due beginning of September and I love to see what new moms like and dont like! You've got a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for reading! Your blog is adorable - following :)
Delete